Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Monthly The Television June 2006 - HYDE

Expanding Energetic Tour with Heavy Sound!

HYDE, who just started his solo work again last year, with the single 'COUNTDOWN' and 'SEASON'S CALL' which became no. 1 in the charts for the first time it's released. After about 2 years 4 months, the third album 'FAITH' is finally released. Done the recording in Los Angeles, the heavy sound gives a strong impression.

H: Last year, since I made 'COUNTDOWN' I already though that I want to make heavy album for the next time. I want to do real heavy rock, the feeling to perform that song in live was strong, and I also want to put that kind of song in chart, ne. I think it's cool. Still, while I was choosing the songs, there's something I wanna do, that came up from me, various meanings. That is, even if the song is heavy, it's not catchy. Because it's not catchy, I can't hear if it's a good song. For me it's important, because I want to pour that sense in any way to make it sounds perfect.

That kind of heavy sound is accompanied by the deep lyrics. "Love and Death" as the core of the words, give a deep feeling.

H: If there is love, one can surpass death, one can also die only for love. I want to talk from various points of view through the songs. I also think the final theme. Though I have thought about that, the point is, I want to make lyrics that won't be perfect if it's not touching one's feeling.

From April, he has a lot of solo tour just to promote his album through the aggressive live.

H: This tour is about my recent view of the world, dreams that haven't come true. I think this 'FAITH' album is an invitation to the live. I want to have a tour in every place, hold a live that done close (to the audience) and can raise bodily sensation. From the large amount of tour, if I go through them one by one, certainly I'll feel used to it, 'til I don't have to think what kind of live will be on the next day (laugh). With the outstanding staging of the members, I hope the aggressiveness that haven't been seen before come out.

Thx to Matsu who provides the article scan ^__^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to read your translation so much. Thank you.

alice_alc said...

you're welcome ^__^