Tuesday, July 18, 2006

PATI-PATI May 2004 - L'Arc~en~Ciel Lottery Interview

I: Interviewer
h: hyde
k: ken
t: tetsu
y: yukihiro

L'Arc~en~Ciel's new album after about 3 years and 7 months, "SMILE", have you listened to it? Soon after its release, for the cover and first page of this special edition, all of the staff discussed what to be talked with these 4 important persons in interview. So this theme now is following this route - "SMILE" --> laugh --> happiness comes to the smiling face --> lottery interview. Each member will get quastions from another members. The staff also collect their questions using the contents of this album. The questions collected are more than 20 questions, 1 questions is written on a paper, then they will be entered into a lottery box, member will take 1 piece of paper from the box then answer the questions. The theme is about the courage to reveal the past that maybe wasn't heard before. Are they going to have good questions or bad questions? So now, we will decide the order. Yes, ja-n ke-n po-n!!

I: The one who lose on jan-ken-pon hyde-san, please pick the first question.
h: (pick the question with his hand mixing it) ... E-, question from hyde-san (laugh). "yukihiro-san, did you ever watch erotic video?"
All: Ha ha ha ha ha ha (laughing hard)
I: The first question is really good.
y: E- ... Though I ever watched it, I don't watch it recently (laugh).
I: hyde-san, are you satisfied with that kind of answer?
h: I'm satisfied (laugh).

I: Next, tetsu-san, please pick your question.
t: Question from "REVELATION". "Even until now, is there a thing that you keep a secret? Please expose one now".
I: It's a question from staff. There's a song titled "REVELATION" in this album, it can be translated literally as 'exposure/disclosure' ('bakuro').
k: Aa, the song "REVELATION" isn't about 'disclosure' ('bakuro'), there's another meaning of it in vocabulary.
I: Yes, when I check 'bakuro', there's a meaning 'revelation'.
h: It also means 'apocalypse' ('keiji').
k: I also think about that meaning ('keiji').
I: Surely it's 'keiji' then, it's written in the bible too, but this question is made from the ordinary literally translation. So, now, let's have a talk about 'disclosure' ('bakuro').
t: Now let me answer that (laugh). I have one secret, it's in the past. In my way back home from elementary school, I saw an alarm of a bank, "It surely will ring" I thought, if I pressed it. Though I don't remember it clearly, I had kinda curious feeling that time. Together with my friend, we're like "Come on, press it". When I pressed it, it rang. Uwaaaa!! Then we ran out immediately, ne (laugh). Then, on the next day, I was afraid to go to school, "Am I gonna get caught?". But when I arrived at school, nobody talked about that. I thought nobody saw us, hosh, I was so glad about that (laugh).
I: It's in what grade?
t: I think it's when I'm in second or third year of elementary school.

I: I see. Next, ken-san.
k: Question from yukihiro-san. "What did you eat yesterday?". E~ pork shabu with hourenkusa (a kind of grass).
I: Let's ask the others.
h: Ochatsuke.
t: When I collect data, I ate bento.
y: Yesterday, i ate Matsuya's

I: OK. Now yukihiro-san, please pick your question.
y: "With the scene of "SMILE" album recording, what scene scene that come up from your mind?" ... E~to ... ken-chan played guitar in front of me. Though he usually plays in amplifier's place, that time he played his guitar in control room. He played in front of me. hyde-kun also saw that.
h: It's pro, ne.
y: Pro musical performance, seen near like that (laugh).

I: Next, hyde-san, please pick your question.
h: Ye~s (smiling face)
k: What makes you so happy like that!? (laugh)
h: Question from "Time Goes On". "Please tell use one impressive event that you think it's like in a dream". Things like in a dream... (closing eyes and thinking seriously). It's just think I can't tell na-
All: Ha ha ha ha ha (laughing hard).
h: Are there things I can tell? ... n-, let me think ...
I: Do you wanna pass?
h: No! No no, but really, nothing came up from my mind. Things like in a dream... things like in a dream... Surely it's only about things I can't tell (laugh).

I: Let tetsu-san be the next, then.
t: OK (with smiling face, picking the question) ... Question from "Lover Boy". "Among the members of L'Arc~en~Ciel, who is the most shy person? Please tell the reason too".
I: It's from the lyric, the question was made from a word of it.
t: Shy..... Isn't it me? (laugh)
h: I know!! (raising hand). Wa-wait a second, about the dream, is it OK if I answer now?!
All: Ha ha ha ha ha (laughing hard)
I: You have something in your mind? (laugh)
h: Yes. But it's thing like nightmare. It's when I watched TV in January this year. About Apollo that went to the moon in 1969, I watched the TV program that told a lie about that.
k: I also watched it.
h: You watched it too? When I watched it, my relative also watched beside me. That person said, "That Apollo thing is lie!!" It's like a completely rejection of what I had in my mind. My relative that beside me also told a lie.That person said, "The waving flag is weird, because there should be no atmosphere in that place". It was a shock... (laugh). The TV program said, the reflection when landing on the surface of the moon, it's only human-made. That TV program is so convincing. Finally, in the very end of the program, they told that what they're talking about just now was totally a lie. My relative beside me who also told me the lie had left me alone (laugh). I don't know where should I throw my anger to...
y: That TV program about trip to the moon that is told to be a lie, it's actually the TV program that was lying?
h: Yepp.
k: the Hollywood thing, that reflection capture, it's also lie.
h: Though it's totally a lie, it's a great TV program. It made me shocked. Really, it's like a nightmare. Now, that thing comes up from my mind (laugh).
I: I see. tetsu-san, what the reason for the shy question?
t: E~to. The reason.... u-n....
h: You don't listen to my answer from beginning? Oh, no no, I shouldn't think about my own question (laugh).
All: Ha ha ha ha ha (laughing hard)
t: It's because I can't explain well with words in front of a girl. That's shy, I think (laugh).

k: Sshaaa!! (picking the question and yelling) Koooo-i!! ... Question from "Eien". "If you're promised an eternity, what do you wish to be eternal?" N- .... It's difficult thing ne.... I think it will be health.
y: ... (picking the mixed question) Question from "Coming Closer". "What things that make you worry recently?" This month's task concerning the trash
All: Ha ha ha ha ha (laughing hard)
h: It's serious matter ne (laugh).
y: Right. A little (laugh).

h: Next is... Question from "Spirit Dreams Inside". "Among the members, who has the hottest spirit?" Ma, if I should say, it's yukki, isn't it. I can still imagine hearing the sounds he made.
I: Recently, what things happen?
h: In this recording time, I also did some promotions for my solo. I got to collect some data, so if recording had finished, there's still a lot of work to do. When I went to studio, yukki really hit his drums seriously. 1 song took about 2 - 3 days. It's really hot yukki, for me, he really got into it, he's really serious. You're so hot, yukki!!
y: Ha ha ha ha ha ha (laugh).
I: By the way, what song that he hit his drums seriously?
h: Umm... "Coming Closer" I think, though I don't really remember about that.

I: I see. Jaa, tetsu-san, please pick your question.
t: OK.... "What things in your mind soon after the recording finished?" E to .... I think it's little out of program (= sooner that the schedule) I think it's good. It's about 1 week faster from the first program.

k: Question from "Seppun". "Is there any place that you swear not to go there again or not back there again?" Nope!!

y: Question frrom "Feeling Fine". "How you spend your time if you're unable to sleep?" Recently, if I can't sleep very well, I spent the night with cleaning. Because I can't sleep then I do cleaning.

h: Next!! ... (picking the question, soon after fininsh reading it, his whole face is smiling) Question from ken-san!! "What's your dream in days when you're getting old?"
All: Ha ha ha ha ha (laughing hard).
h: My dream about my old days is, I'll but a villa in L.A., there... when I wake up early in the morning, I have a glass (for drinking sake), maybe in the living room, spread with tatami, I have a relax time, and while I'm drinking my tea, if I die it will be fine. The tea, the hot water, and cotton is falling. Then, my grandchildren say "Grandpa? Grandpa!! Grandpaaaa!!!" (All: laughing hard).
I: Let's ask the others too.
t: I'm in my own luxury ship and having a trip around the world.
y: I.... I'll be in the place I don't know where, but it'll be a quite place I live alone.
k: Should I answer too?
All: Ha ha ha ha ha (laughing hard)
h: It comes to you at last (laugh).
I: What about you, the question writer, ken-san?
k: For me, I think it's OK if I pass them with relaxing or still busy in my old days. I'll do things which make me happy. Like the answers you have heard. So my answer now is same with the other three (laugh).

t: Question from "REVELATION" "What proverbs that made up frrom 4 kanji letters do you like?" Four-kanji proverbs ... I can't think any, 'yakiniku teishoku' (yakiniku package food). But that's not a good product. No ... n-, four-kanji proverbs, I really can't think any.

k: Koooo-i!! (picking the question with big action). Question from "READY STEADY GO". " Recently, what time do you feel your heart pounding so fast?" ... when I did free-fall in Las Vegas. It's the most sensational time in my life.
I: Compare to the jet coaster system, how was it like?
k: Though I dislike it, I rode it until end.

y: E-to, question from tetsu-san. "What do you do in your days off?" In my days off I go shopping ne, I buy a lot of things.
t: Where do you go?
y: I go around Shibuya, Harajuku.
t: I see, ne.

h: " ..... For ken-chan. On 10 March, who was with you in the taxi? from tetsu"
k: 10 March? I was alone... it's opposite from what you asked. (laugh) I met tetsu that day...then we have a talk, this!? That day, I was going to buy guitar in Ikebukuro.

t: Iyaa, this world is really small, ne (laugh). Atto, the next, isn't it me?" "Please mention one accidental moment that made laugh" It's my gag ne. The pun. I always talked the pun.

k: Koooo-i!! Ah!! Question from tetsu-san!! "What time did you sleep? What time did you wake up?"
All: Ha ha ha ha ha (laughing hard)
k: It's about 4 or 5 in the morning when I slept, and I woke up at 1.
I: Let's hear the answers from the other two.
h: E-to... I slept at 4 or 5 in the morning and woke up at about 1.
y: Recently, I sleep at 8 or 9 in the morning, woke up at 1 ne.

I: OK, the next, please pick up your question.
y: OK. Etto... Question from "Hitomi no Juunin". "In what kind of fragrant you want to sleep?" .... Good fragrant.
All: Ha ha ha ha ha (laughing hard)

h: Question from yukihiro-san. " Please tell us the color of your underwear you're wearing today" (laugh). Black, ne.

t: Question from hyde-san. "What do you eat in your day-offs? Do you have any recommendation?" ... In my day off, I go to a Japanese food restaurany, ne. Recently, I go to OO director (=film director)'s placee. The food is really dedlicious there.
k: In that place, are they wearing pants!?
All: Ha ha ha ha ha (laughing hard)
t: They wear, they wear. I never go to that kind of shabu-sahbu restaurant (laugh).

I: It's a dangerous topic. So, the next please.
k: OK. A, there's only 1 question left. Kooooo-i!! Question from ken-san!! (laugh)
All: Ha ha ha ha ha (laughing hard)
I: Because it's the last question, let's hear the answer from all members.
k: Yes, it's good to ask everyone this question, this is "What things do you want to have now? Though I won't give them t you"
h: Villa, ne. In L. A.
t: Things I want to have?
k: Yeah, things you want to have. Though I'm not gonna give them to you.
t: I want another house, ne.
y: I ... Recently, I want to raise pet. Recently... I feel a little lonely. (laugh)
k: What pet do you think is good?
y: Cat.
k: What kind of cat?
y: Whatever is good. It's OK even if it's not a high-class one.
k: Long fur or short fur?
y: Short fur.
k: A calm cat?
y: A calm cat ... ka na~
Staff: We'll send you a cat as a present (All laugh)

I: All of fans, please don't send ne. Everyone, thank you.
Staff: There isn't any closing? It's OK to end this?
k: Though we're in front cover?
h: Eh? Only this?
I: No no, we will also have solo interview. But, at last, please say some closing speech. Something about the long waited national tour.
k: Etto ... Because the title is "SMILE TOUR 2004" ... Everyone, please come with smiles.
t: Happiness comes to the smiling face.
h: I think you should prepare your physical condition seriously for that.
y: Uhm.
All: Ee?!
I: Nothing more?
y: No, from now, i just think what to talk....
k: It's a domineering husband, I think.
y: Ha ha ha ha ha ha (laugh). Jaa mou, it's OK (laugh)

At last we would like to thank to hyde, ken, tetsu, and yukihiro for participating in this 'courage to reveal the past' theme until end. Because of them, this interview is filled with smile.

thx to Dolce-san who had gave a very big help in translating, and thx to vivid-colors board for the article scans. ^_^

Note:
  • About Four-kanji proverbs, it's written as Yoji jukugo. are like proverbs consisting of four kanji letters. For example, 一石二鳥 = 一(one)石(stone)二(two)鳥(bird) = to kill two birds with one stone. This a typical Yoji Jukugo. (thx to Dolce-san for this information ^__^)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay~! haha that was funny XD

Anonymous said...

yuki is sooo hot!! hyde said so u__u thanks so much for the translation!!!!! it was really fun!!